17 May Ceramic Glass Stove Top Cleaning Tips
Like most working moms I spend my weekend cleaning, stripping bed sheets and doing laundry. This weekend I dedicated some time to cleaning the white blemishes from my ceramic glass stove top.
My new stove top has become an unhealthy obsession of mine and with years of cleaning experience this should be an easy task. Unfortunately the white blemishes on my ceramic glass stove top have been a challenge. I purchased numerous cleaning products that promised to remove the unsightly marks, but they have all been disappointing. More money down the drain!
YouTube Videos on Cleaning Ceramic Glass Cook Tops
I watched videos on YouTube, researched it on Google and decided to turn to one of my favourite cleaning products – Barkeepers friend. It works magic on stainless steel, and they have a stove top cleaner too. I applied the Barkeepers friend with a microfiber cloth and worked the product into the ceramic glass stove top. Unfortunately it didn’t make a difference and I was left disappointed.
Barkeepers friend and a car buffer worked in cleaning the white blemishes
One of the videos I viewed for cleaning glass stove tops had someone using a car buffer and “poli a metal” so I ran right out to make my purchase. I couldn’t wait to get home and try it out . Like everything else this failed to remove the blemishes on my stove top and then I had an idea. Why not try cleaning the stove top with the car buffer and the Barkeepers friend? I couldn’t believe it worked! It did an amazing job and I couldn’t be happier.
What worked for removing the white blemishes on my cook top
I applied Barkeepers friend to my stove top and used the car buffer for a few minutes. I applied more Barkeeper’s friend as needed until I was happy with my results.
Glass Stove Top Cleaning Tips
As a housekeeper I see a lot of build up on ceramic glass stove tops.
- Wait for your cooktop to cool completely- clean regularly to keep the cooktop clean and shiny. I use Weiman Cook Top Daily Cleaner and personally love it.
- Do not use anything abrasive on your cooktop or it will scratch the glass on the stove top.
- For tough stains use a vinegar and baking soda paste. Apply to the burned or soiled area and cover with a damp cloth. Allow to sit for 30 minutes and wipe off.
- If all else fails, try the Barkeepers Friend – Cooktop Cleaner. I prefer this over the other cooktop cleaning products.
- I recommend wetting the glass and using a blade on an angle if there is build up.
Two of my favourite cleaning products for Glass Stove Tops
Barkeepers friend for cooktops and Weiman Cook Top Daily Cleaner Spray
Cleaning Services Available 7 Days a Week
Prefer to leave the cleaning to the professionals? Call Top Hat Cleaning and add the stove top to your Summer Cleaning list